Never assume data is unrecoverable. We've successfully recovered data from many drives with extreme physical damage when others have said data recovery was not possible. Take these simple steps and let over 28 years of systems management experience handle the rest.
Step 1: Call a Datajockeys, LLC Advisor @ 503-356-9101
Our Recovery Advisors understand the business and personal implications associated with a traumatic data loss.
Call us to receive immediate assistance with:
- Evaluating your unique situation
- Deciding what course of action to take
- Relieving panic and stress common in data loss crises
Step 2: Prevent Further Data Loss
Avoid attempting recovery yourself (i.e., turning your computer off and on, using over-the-counter diagnostic tools), as doing so may cause further damage or permanent data loss. There is a lot of false information on tricking your drive into running long enough to retrieve your data. Don't be fooled by snake-oil remedies. You can do irrecoverable damage to your drive!
General procedures for retrieving your data:
Fill out the Data Pre-Recovery Worksheet. Complete all of the fields (we don't collect any unnecessary information). As soon as this form and your drive is received, we will send you an invoice for the bench fee. This must be paid before ANY work can be started and is not refundable. For your convenience, we use Google Checkout.
If your hard drive or SSD is inside of a computer, please make arrangements to take it out before sending it to us. External drive cases / arrays are fine but the case may be severely damaged during the drive removal process. Make sure other media is properly packaged as well. Note to Apple owners: If your MacBook is under Apple warranty, an authorized Apple tech has to remove the drive or your warranty may be voided.
Within 24 to 48 hrs we can determine if the drive is capable of being retrieved without going to our clean-room. If we can retrieve data at our local lab, you can expect a 48-72 hour turnaround. We can copy your information to DVD or another hard drive. Expect to pay between $300.00 and $1,500.00 for this service. More exotic transfer media is available upon request.
Occasionally there is a delay of about two weeks if we need to get parts to perform a more extensive workbench recovery. This is the last procedure we can perform, locally, before sending your drive off to the clean-room.
Transport to the clean-room and final diagnostics is included in the diagnostic fee. There are several options for recovery depending on speed of service and complexity of the recovery. If the data is recoverable, you can expect to pay between $1,600.00 and $5,000.00, to the clean room, per hard drive recovered.
- Some data may not be recoverable. We make every attempt to recover all the data possible off of the drive. There is no picking and choosing files on the hard drive. We recover everything that can be recovered off of the drive.
- Payment in full must be received upon completion of the recovery. If the drive was sent to a clean room, a payment needs to be made directly to them.
- Please be sure to tell us if the recovery is part of a legal matter. There are specific "chain of evidence" procedures that we must put in place to keep the legal people happy.